It is important to follow your treatment provider’s instructions before treatment.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse and the use of vaginal moisturizers, lubricants, or creams (such as estrogen cream or anti-fungal cream) for 2 days before treatment
- Shower or bathe the morning of treatment, so that the area to be treated is clean
- Clip or trim long pubic hair before your treatment
- Understand and sign a Consent to Treat form (form will be provided at your visit)
- Dress in loose fitting pants and cotton underwear on the day of treatment
- Your care provider may apply topical anesthetic to the vulvar area prior to treatment to minimize treatment discomfort
- Purchase supplies and medications needed for post-treatment care before
☐ Moisturizing occlusive ointment, such as Aquaphor® Healing Ointment or Vaseline® ointment.
☐ Gentle, hypoallergenic skin cleanser (for example, Cetaphil® facial cleanser)
☐ Cold gel packs
☐ RectiCare cream (lidocaine 5%)
☐ Patient prescriptions as directed by physician: antiviral and/or others